dimanche 5 septembre 2010

Portraits of volunteers (3)

Meeting. Appreciating, loving each other (or not!). Sharing this incredible adventure that is our EVS in Moldova. And returning enriched by all these meetings.

I decided to keep a mark of all these faces through a collection of  portraits and interviews which echos my own questionings. Family portrait.


Pierre-Olivier (PO), 30 years old, France (Paris), EVS 6months



Can you explain me what you were doing before Moldova ?
I worked in broadcasting in post production. Basically, I was "truquiste editor ", I did the course of generics. In fact it's a job I did not know before doing it ... (laughs)

Why did you decide to do an EVS and why in Moldova ?
I was working since 5 years, I was enthusiast, I woke up in the morning saying to myself "waw you work in audiovisual, it's really good. " And then I finally forget why I was doing that. I had no more time for personal projects, I wanted to use audiovisual to say what I wanted to say but I was back into a routine. I might as well have worked in a post office. And so I thought to EVS I was just at the age limit. I saw it as a time when I have free mind. You see, here for six months, I took photographs, I met people, I did what I wanted to do. And in addition it was also an associative surroundongs with a social value. I wanted to see if I could work with children. It was also a test for me.

What was your project in Moldova ?
I worked in a social and after-school club for children and teenagers.

What will you do when you will be back ?
I will go back to my job because I took a sabbatical leave and I have to take back my job.

What are your dreams for your future? This EVS changed something about your plans for the future?
I see visual art as a profession for young people, I do not want to do it all my life. In Moldova I tested myself with a new job, I used new skills. It made ​​me realize that I could work with children while I did not think I could. In fact you can do many things with kids. This experience has brought me new ideas on what I could do. I'd like to organize trainings, workshops, photo, video, perhaps for children and tennagers. It's important at that age. Today the picture is everywhere and I think you need to know how it is done in order to criticize, for having hindsight.

What will you remember from this experience ?
Time, this experience gave me time to do many things that I could not do anymor ein working ... photo, video ... It was what I was looking for.


Piotr, 26 years old, Poland (Łomża), EVS 9 months



Can you explain me what you were doing before Moldova ?
I've studied sociology, I have a Master degree. And after that I was doing an internship in an NGO in Varsaw. They're dealing with educational issues in villages in Poland.

Why did you decide to do an EVS and why in Moldova?
I had this idea going for an EVS during my studies but I didn't find a good project. And then I saw this ADVIT project in Moldova and it was the kind of project I wanted because I can use it as a reference on my CV.

What was your project in Moldova?
I was working in ADVIT's office (our hosting and coordinating organisation). The tasks were mainly administrative. I learn some new things in the area of youth exchanges coz ADVIT applies for the trainings, is helping Moldovan people to go abroad for an EVS, is hosting EVS volunteers, organizing international trainings. So, it was a nice experience, I could see how it works from the inside and I think I could use it in the future

What will you do when you will be back? This EVS changed something about your plans for the future?
I started to send Cvs, I'm looking for a job and thanks to this EVS, because I was working in an international environement, I can apply in some international NGOs in Poland. I hopped that it would be nice to be somewhere else for a year to maybe finaly decide what I want to do with my life but it didn't happen. I don't have precise idea about my future

What are your dreams for your future?
It's very hard to people of our age to find a job for a long period of time. I cannot make plans beacause it's so insecure. My dream is simple : find a job where I would be happy

What will you remember from this experience?
The first thing is that's the longuest period of time that I'm abroad, so that's a huge experience to see how I would be far away from my friends and family. I had to visit a couple of time Poland during my EVS so I wasn't 100% here. And I really started to appreciate Poland. When I was back in Poland I noticed things I didn't notice before and I notice where are we and what we achieved these last 20 years. What else? It was nice to meet a lot of people from different countries and to realise that we are all similar, in general we are like the same.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire