dimanche 5 septembre 2010

Portraits of volunteers (1)

Meeting. Appreciating, loving each other (or not!). Sharing this incredible adventure that is our EVS in Moldova. And returning enriched by all these meetings.

I decided to keep a mark of all these faces through a collection of  portraits and interviews which echos my own questionings. Family portrait.

 
Aurélia, 27 years old, New Caledonia (TOM, France), EVS 6 months



Can you explain me what you were doing before Moldova?
I was working in an highschool in Nouméa (New Caledonia).

Why did you decide to do an EVS and why in Moldova?
I wanted to change my life, to discover East Europa, to have a job experience with children and to help and bring some smile !

What was your project in Moldova ?
I was working in an after-school club.

What will you do when you will be back ? This EVS changed something about your plans for the future?
First, before going back to New Caledonia, I'm going to travell in Nepal to learn Yoga. And when I will be back, find a job to save some money. And, if I have the opportunity, I would like to work in after-school clubs or something like that. Anyway, a job with human contacts.

What are your dreams for your future?
I'd like to open a zen tea house...where there will be a parc for children and parents could relax in drinking some tea with musical background. I'm attracted by the relational side, the meetings...

What will you remember from this experience ?
Because of this experience, I had some simple and unforgetable meetings.I feel more positive about my future, I have got more plans. I want to share and travell much more than before.

Elise, 31 years old, France (Paris), EVS 6 months


Can you explain me what you were doing before Moldova ?
So, before coming to Moldova I was working as a video editor. I edit documentaries, TV shows...

Why did you decide to do an EVS and why in Moldova ?
It was a good plan actually, we wanted to leave Paris for 6 months (with PO, her partner) and it was a really confortable plan coz we could have a trip full of meaning without spending money. It was not risky for us because we were working and wondering how we could manage to do this break without spending too much money. And for me, it made sense, rather than going backpaking in Australia and taking pictures of Aboriginals and buying pearl necklaces. I'm more interrested in meeting people, I wanted to understand a bit the country in wich I will arrive. And I think that's what happened.

What was your project in Moldova ?
I worked in a social and after-school club for children and teenagers. We were 3 volunteers for 30 or 40 children per day.

What will you do when you will be back ?
I will go back to my job.

What are your dreams for your future? This EVS changed something about your plans for the future?
It's not clear in my mind yet...Thanks to this experience in Moldova I worked with children for the first time. I wanted to try, to know if I was able to do that, it worked well...So, I will start by going back to my previous life because I need to fill in the fridge, but I don't close the door. I will try to listen to me, to take benefits from this experience for maybe, change my work after.

What will you remember from this experience ?
People and a country...A different culture, a real human look. There's this word that a kid said to me once, it touched me : « Tu esti o doamna buna ». They use a lot this word here « bun », good, goodness in english. People here have goodness, they have nothing and give you everything. Their honessty also, here nobody defraud, for example in the trolleybuses. I think that moldovans are radically honest and welcoming. I will remenber that I think...


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire