dimanche 5 septembre 2010

Portraits of volunteers (4)

Meeting. Appreciating, loving each other (or not!). Sharing this incredible adventure that is our EVS in Moldova. And returning enriched by all these meetings.

I decided to keep a mark of all these faces through a collection of  portraits and interviews which echos my own questionings. Family portrait.



Marion, 25 years old, France (Pau), EVS 10 months



Can you explain what you were doing before Moldova?
I got a master degree in communication and multimedia in Grenoble.

Why did you decide to do an EVS and why in Moldova?
My partner, Stéphane, was working since one year as VIE (voluntary service in enterprise) for a cheese factory and I decided to join up with him. To stay longer than 3 months I needed a job or a vontary service so I found out about EVS. I was lucky enought to choose my project.

What was your project in Moldova ?
I worked in Alliance française of Moldova. I was working on the communication and on the website, so that was exactly my field and I found out after that it was pretty rare to find a project wich matches with your studies. So I was really happy about this project because at first this EVS was not really my choice but finally it was a great first experience in my field. I finished the website and I lined it up. I take care of it everyday and also of the e-letter. About communication, I' more and more involved in the projects. Now I supervise the publication of all the new supports : booklets, posters...About the advertising on TV or on radio, I don't take care of it because I don't master the language yet but I have right to check. I'm usefull because of my background before Moldova.

What will you do when you will be back ? This EVS changed something about your plans for the future?
I didn't have any plan before coming. I was coming for one year as a volunteers without knowing what will be next. I'm a part now of the team in the French Alliance and so I have a local contract as responsible of communication and multimedia. So, I stay! The both of us stay!


What are your dreams for your future?
It's not mapped out yet, I don't know...I don't know if after one more year in Moldova I would have explored all the aspects of this country...I think so. I think that I would like to live an other experience abroad but in a completly different country, I dream about South America. Though, our future as a couple is more in russian-speaking countries but I'm not tempted by it. And maybe in 4-5 years we would like to settle in, to have children...so to come back to France. Even if it's great to live abroad, you also realize that there are some very nice things in France. That's why I take the opportunity now to travel.

What will you remember from this experience ?
I am used to say this sentence wich is a bit « cliché » but it's really how I feel after 10 months here : « Moldova is not the kind of country that you visit, you have to LIVE it ». And this country, I live it, I like everything here. OK, I'm sometimes pissed about some stuffs, I think that we grumble every day about some things in this country. But I like the people, I like the simple life, I like to feel safe. I like a lot the countryside. This is something I will remember : the moments we spent in the countryside, it was extraodinary for me. I shared it with my parents when they came and they also thought that it's exceptional and I think what is attractive in Moldova is also that : this countryside that doesn't exist anymore in France. Though I come from the countryside but it's not like that anymore. And it's a good way to find talking points with our grand parents (laughts)


Sören, 19 years old, Germany ( Hambourg), volunteer with Project abroad for 9 months



Can you explain what you were doing before Moldova?
I finished hight school.

Why did you decide to be a volunteer and why in Moldova?
I wanted to have a breack before studying and the thing is 2 years ago my father died so I was like struggling and I wanted to do something new. I wanted to go a year away from home, I wanted to go abroad. Everyone is going to America, Australia...So I came to Moldova !


What was your project in Moldova ?
I worked in Casa Aschuita (a shelter for children). I was mostly doing arts and crafts with the children, drawing, playing with them, helping with their homeworks.

What will you do when you will be back ? This voluntary service changed something about your plans for the future?
I probably gonna study politic in Autumn. I hope it will work, I'm not sure yet. The life in Moldova, the political stuffs going on in this country, it was pretty interresting for me. So I decided why not studying it.

What are your dreams for your future?
I definitly want to travel again like doing a semester abroad in University or travelling after my degree.

What will you remember from this experience ?
The life in Germany is not what life is about, life in Germany is really easy. Moldova is pretty different.
I will also of course remember the people I met here.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire