dimanche 5 septembre 2010

Portraits of volunteers (2)

Meeting. Appreciating, loving each other (or not!). Sharing this incredible adventure that is our EVS in Moldova. And returning enriched by all these meetings.

I decided to keep a mark of all these faces through a collection of  portraits and interviews which echos my own questionings. Family portrait.


Clémence, 23 years old, France (Angers), EVS 5 months



Can you explain me what you were doing before Moldova ?
I was studying in a professional licence called « professions around book »

Why did you decide to do an EVS and why in Moldova ?
I wanted to have a break, to go abroad in being usefull. I've already heard about EVS, so I've found a sending organisation and I've applyed by chance for Moldova, a country that I've almost never heard anything about it. So, I paid attention more to the project than to the country.

What was your project in Moldova ?
I was working in a center for victims of human trafic and domestic violences. It's a shelter, a hiden place. They receive visctims arrested abroad and directly repatriate to Moldova. There were also a lot of battered persons. The victims, most of the time women and children, stay for one to three months in the center, and according to the scenario, are sent to other centers. The shelter is for emergencies wich provides to the beneficiaries medical, social, psychological and juridic assistance. I was supporting the victims in their daily life, I was doing some activities, I was talking with them and I also created a library in the center.

What will you do when you will be back ?
I'm registered in a Licence (third year) of modern letters and I have to take some contests in the public service (librarian). I don't really want to go back to my studies even if this experience made me want to learn always more, probably thanks to all the people I met here. I would like to study anthropology, sociology, only for myself. But compared to studies, concret and human experiences are much more stronger! I'm scared to go back, to start again what I was doing in France and to realize how lifeless it is. I'm scared to be bored, to feel useless in France.

What are your dreams for your future? This EVS changed something about your plans for the future?
I would like to find a job in the associative area, to go into this in depth to know what I could do linked to books, or something else. But most of all, I would like to leave again, but not only to travel, because I really want to serve the country where I will go.

What will you remember from this experience ?
Two things : humanly and then professionaly. My project was THE most important factor during my stay because I was there at first for it. It's indescribable all the things I learnt here about me, about life in general, even if I'm incapable to be objective now. It makes our lifes into perspective. It has totally changed my way of seeing things and it also taught me patience.

 
Quentin, 19 years old, France (Lyon), EVS 7 months


Can you explain me what you were doing before Moldova ?
I finished highschool (social and economic baccalauréat).

Why did you decide to do an EVS and why in Moldova ?
It was the humanitarian side that attracted me. I was involved since 2 years in the NGO Action against Hunger and I've had the idea to study in the Bioforce school wich trains students for careers in humanitarian. I wanted to be sure about myself before making this very specific way, so this EVS was a try to « confirm » it, to answer to the question « Do I really want to do that? ». Besides, when highschool is over, it means that you have spent 14 years at school so a gap year can be nice! About Moldova, it's like for all the volunteers here, I haven't try to go to Moldova, they sent me a project and I tought « Why not? » because I wanted to go in an eastern country.


What was your project in Moldova ?
I was working in an after school club at the beginning but it was frustrating because there was not much to do and the communication with employees was hard. In addition I was working only three hours a day so I found an other project for the morning : Memoria, a rehabilitation center for victims of torture. I organised some events to inform people and to take preventive action. And finally I also changed my other project, I worked in an other after-schoolclub wich was more motivating.

What will you do when you will be back ?
I'll try to find a job before the start of the new school year and then try to integrate Bioforce, so eventually this experience confirmed my desires about the future.

What are your dreams for your future? This EVS changed something about your plans for the future?
Achieve what I have now as a project, that is integrate Bioforce and get a license "in charge of general services, logistics humanitarian option" and then go abroad in humanitarian projects.

What will you remember from this experience ?
I'm able to live abroad. And something simple : I felt usefull and it's really satisfying.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire